Deluxe Chocolate Chip Cookies
• 1/2 cup rolled oats, toasted
• 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 teaspoon coarse salt (I prefer sea salt)
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (I grate mine fresh)
• 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter,softened (check the date and make sure it is fresh)
• 3/4 cup muscavado or dark brown sugar, packed
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla
• 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
• 2 eggs
• 2 cups 60% chocolate chips
• 1 cup Mini semisweet chocolate chips
• 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans, toasted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grind oats in a food processor or until fine. Combine the ground
oats with the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
Cream together the butter, sugars, vanilla, and lemon juice in another medium bowl with an electric
mixer. Add the eggs and mix until smooth. Stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture and blend well.
Add the chocolate chips and nuts to the dough and mix by hand until ingredients are well-incorporated.
Chill the dough overnight in the refrigerator before baking the cookies. If you’re in a hurry you can bake the
cookies after the dough has chilled for 2-3 hours.
Spoon rounded 1/4-cup portions onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Place the scoops about 2 inches apart.
Do not press the dough flat. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cookies are light brown on the edges and soft
in the middle. Store in a sealed container when cool to keep soft.
Made with The Recipe Box. http://www.therecipeboxapp.com
Sent from my iPhone